When the scanner did nothing
- Ensure that the original document is loaded properly.
- If your Sleep mode is just wearing, then it might take time for the printer to start its job.
- Ensure that the HP software you have installed is proper. If not, uninstall the software and visit our site to download the latest software and drivers.
When the scan takes too long
If you have set the printer to scan in high resolution, it is entitled to take longer and the result will be a larger file size. The lower the resolution, the lesser the time taken to scan.
When part of the document did not scan or text is missing
- Make sure that the original document is loaded properly. Also, if you have scanned your document from the automatic document feeder, try scanning it for the scanner glass.
- Also, keep in mind that color backgrounds might cause the foreground and background images to blend. So, adjust the scan settings before the scan job begins.
- Check if the input paper size is large enough to occupy the original that is being scanned.
- Sometimes, the printer is automatically set to perform a specific task. Check the setting and change according to your need.
When scanned image quality is poor
- If the original paper is too thin or transparent, then there are chances that the text or image can bleed on to the other side.
- If you see unwanted lines on the scanned document, clean the scanner glass and look for ink, glue, unwanted substance and correction fluid.
- If the scanned image is crooked, check if the original is loaded properly.
- If the scanned image shows blots, lines, white vertical stripes or unwanted lines, then the scanner glass is dirty. Clean the scanner glass. If you still encounter the problem, then the original document may have defects.
- If the image size is reduced, then the printer software settings may be set to reduce the quality.