When the fax hardware test fails
- Press the Power button to switch off the printer and then unplug the power cord from the wall socket. Wait for five minutes to replug the cord and then switch on your HP Officejet Pro printer. Now, run the fax test again. If the test fails once again, read the instructions to solve the problem. Otherwise, call us on our toll-free number to troubleshoot the printer.
- Send or receive a fax. If you can send or receive a fax successfully, the problems with your printer are resolved.
- When you are running the fax test, ensure that your HP Officejet printer is not involved in completing another task. If your 123 HP Officejet Pro printer is busy, wait for the task to be completed and then run the test from Fax Setup Wizard (Windows) or HP Utility (OS X).
- Use the phone cord that came with the printer. If the phone cord doesn’t suit the printer, you might be facing problems while sending or receiving faxes. Replug the cord and then run the fax test once again to eliminate the problems.
- Make sure you do not use phone splitter. Connect the printer directly to the telephone wall jack.
After resolving the problems in the 123 HP printer, run the fax test again to ensure that the printer passes the fax test. If the printer is failing the Fax Hardware Test, then contact our toll-free number. Our technicians will be of utmost help to you.